Sunday, September 14, 2014

Have a little faith

My middle child who never wanted to go to church spent the past week talking me into going to church. With summer and all the camping, we sort of strayed away from attending. It was refreshing for me for once to not be the one to try to talk to my guys into attending. It was a reminder to me that maybe, just maybe, all that pushing I had done getting them to church had finally amounted to something. And also, maybe it's me now that needs some spirit revamping. I had to say that my faith and attitude has turned into "poo" lately. I am really glad that I went today and like usual it felt like the message was personally made for me.

The message at church this week was about how bad things happen and not always for a reason. Plain and simple, we all make bad decisions and sometimes we are called on it. Not that bad things don't happen to good people, I think about the "Foley" family who lost their brother to ISIS recently. It was amazing to watch his siblings have a positive attitude in such a tragedy when I watched their interview with Katie Couric. They brought up how maybe, something will come out good from the tragedy like the USA handling kidnap victims better. Their spirit amazed me!

Sometimes I feel like I walk around with a big, bad ball of bad things above me like a big ball filled with confetti, ready to drop on me any second. I suppose it is good to prepare yourselves and also use warnings to deter yourself from making bad decisions. But the truth is, we all are going to have bad things happen to us. So, I feel that I need to fully enjoy the good ones.

I have so much yet to do....so many wonderful things. I want to climb the mountains, swim in the sea, hold my grandchildren, make a difference! Reality is,as long as I breathe there will be conflicts, thinks that make me stray, but I am glad that I am back on track for now. Thanks G Man for bringing me back to where I needed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment